I woke up to my first full day in Oslo to something we call pannekaker. Its like a pancake, but better, because its Norwiegan. I think all food is better in Norway because its not 70 percent corn syrup! Anyways, its really good with jam. You should try it.
I guess I should talk a little about why I came to Norway! This is my boyfriend, Anthony. You are probably wondering why he is asian if he is from Norway. :) Thats okay, lets leave it that way... Hugs!
I think this is my favorite photo of the day. At one of the churches downtown there was a memorial for the victims of the shooting. You can still feel the people mourning the loss of so many young people in such a peaceful country. There was a heart statue that read, "...But the greatest of these is love."
Okay, I don't know what is going on here but this is not an appropriate way to dress your children. For the most part, Norwegian people have a good sense of style...but this? When I asked what he was wearing, everyone replied to me, "Oh, its a one-piece" People wear those all the time."
So we ended up eating dinner at a vietnamese restaurant. All of my stereotypes of Norway were completely shattered when I was eating my first meal out with chopsticks. I was the only white person at the table :), and the only non-Norwiegan. They are awesome.
Later that evening I took a picture for these tourists who happened to be from every province in Spain. I spoke one word of spanish and I was instantly interrupted by every single person in the group telling me that where they live in Spain is the best place in the world. They even tried to marry me off! This made me so happy!!
Es todo para hoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment